Three of our firm’s lawyers (two of whom are California licensed) are speaking at a seminar in Los Angeles on medical and recreational marijuana Friday, October 3. Hilary Bricken is chairing the seminar and speaking on cannabis real estate law; Robert McVay is speaking on banking and financial issues impacting California cannabis businesses and California banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions; and Alison Malsbury is speaking on “the future of recreational use in California (from a legal perspective).
The seminar will also feature the following:
- Dale Gieringer, Ph.D, from California NORML and Amanda Reiman, Ph.D, from the Drug Policy Alliance, is providing an “Update of Cannabis Laws in California.”
- Alex Kreit, from the Center for Law and Social Justice at Thomas Jefferson School of Law, is providing a “Local Perspective of Legalized Cannabis.”
- Howard C. Samuels, PsyD, from The Hills Treatment Center, is discussing substance abuse.
- Michael Chernis from Abner Chernis LLC and David Hunter from the California State Board of Equalization, are discussing “Taxes and the Treatment of Cannabis Income.”
- Senator Lou Correa, California State Senate District 34, is providing “Views of Legalized Cannabis from the State Legislature.”