Cannabidiol (“CBD”) products are suddenly everywhere. But as much as opportunity and possibility have opened in the hemp-derived CBD industry, so too have legal pitfalls and snares that can confuse just about anyone breaking into this new market. When it comes to navigating the trails that are still being blazed, many are left wondering, “Is it legal or not?”
At a time when the popularity of CBD and hemp products meets legalization, the importance of this question cannot be overstated. Unfortunately, the answer is not an easy one. Individuals and companies alike are stepping forward with innovative ideas and using these products in health supplements, topical ointments, and even food and beverages. What they often find at all stages of production (manufacturing, distribution, and marketing), is that the law can be ambiguous and varied, especially when divided by state lines and the unavoidable intersections with federal law.
Our attorneys have been at the forefront of the struggle to effectively interpret and understand these challenging legal circumstances. On August 16th at 11 am PST, Harris Bricken attorneys Daniel Shortt and Alison Malsbury will present a webinar entitled “CBD Legal or Not: How State and Federal Laws Govern the Manufacture, Marketing & Distribution of CBD Products.”
Whether you are an individual or part of a company, working with U.S. or foreign grown products, an attorney or a government official, this webinar will equip you with the knowledge you need to successfully untangle the legal knots that may be preventing you or your clients from realizing the full potential of this industry. Our attorneys will discuss current state and federal laws, marketing do’s and don’ts, trademark protections, and FDA regulations. They will also address audience questions throughout the presentation.
To register, please go here. Move fast, as early bird pricing ends on August 3rd!
In the meantime, for more on CBD law, check out the following:
- Federal Trademarks for Cannabis CBD? The USPTO Says “No.”
- Hemp-Derived CBD Not Allowed in Food (or Pretty Much Anything Else) in California
- Industrial Hemp: Oregon and Interstate Sales
- Labeling CBD Products: The Unique Case of Indiana
- The End of Industrial Hemp Prohibition: Almost There!
- Top 5 Things Your CBD Business Needs to Consider
- Industrial Hemp: Don’t Forget About State Law!
- DEA Confirms It Cannot Regulate All Parts of the Cannabis Plant
- Cannabis Taxation: Does IRC Section 280E Apply to Industrial Hemp?
- Federal Court Denies Review of DEA’s Marijuana Extract Rule
- Legal Hemp: Coming Soon Nationwide?
- Is CBD Legal? Hemp Industry Case Ruling Due Soon
- Target Sold CBD Online: Was it Legal?