On Thursday, November 30th, Harris Bricken will host a discussion on investing in Southern California’s newly regulated cannabis industry. Hosted by our Los Angeles office, the Southern California Cannabis Investment Forum will connect top investors and leading companies in Southern California’s cannabis and ancillary industries.
The Forum will begin at 6:30 p.m. with a keynote from Hilary Bricken that addresses the many recent changes to California’s medical and adult use cannabis laws under MAUCRSA. From 6:45 to 8 p.m., I will moderate a panel comprised of the following:
- Alex Fang, Founder of Sublime CO2
- Paul Henderson, CEO of Grupo Flor
- Stephen Kaye, COO of Big Rock
- Kenneth Berke, President of PayQwick
- Carlton Willey, our own San Francisco-based securities and equity financing attorney
Panelists will cover:
- Cannabis industry investing and fundraising and the outlook for the future
- Deal structures (i.e., investment rounds, debt versus equity deals, hybrid structures forced by volatile regulations, and reverse mergers)
- Business and financing concerns tied to investing in cannabis
- Investor red flags in Southern California’s cannabis industry
Audience questions will be taken throughout the presentation. A cocktail networking session will follow the panel and last until 9:30 pm. Food and drink will be provided and are included in the price of the ticket.
The Southern California Cannabis Investment Forum will be held at Wanderlust Hollywood. Doors open at 5:30 pm. If you act now, you can get $10 off a single ticket (SOCALCIF10), $25 off of two tickets (SOCALCIF25), and $45 off of three tickets (SOCALCIF45). These coupon codes end at midnight on Cyber Monday. We plan to sell out this event as we did in San Francisco, so don’t hesitate!