Just a last reminder that pricing for our November 30 Southern California Cannabis Investment Forum in Los Angeles will be increasing at midnight tonight. If you buy now, you can get your tickets for $55 for one or $100 for two. Tomorrow, those costs will increase to $75 and $135.
The Forum will begin at 6:30 p.m. with a keynote by Hilary Bricken (our lead cannabis business attorney in Los Angeles) addressing the many recent changes to California’s medical and adult use cannabis laws under MAUCRSA. From 6:45 to 8 p.m., Hilary will then moderate a panel comprised of the following:
- Alex Fang, Founder of Sublime CO2
- Paul Henderson, CEO of Grupo Flor
- Stephen Kaye, COO of Big Rock
- Kenneth Berke, President of PayQwick
- Carlton Willey, our own San Francisco-based securities and equity financing attorney
This panel will cover the following:
- Cannabis industry investing and fundraising and the outlook for the future
- Deal structures (i.e., investment rounds, debt versus equity deals, hybrid structures forced by volatile regulations, and reverse mergers)
- Business and financing concerns tied to investing in cannabis
- Investor red flags in Southern California’s cannabis industry
Audience questions will be taken throughout the presentation. A cocktail (the food and a drink is included in the ticket price) networking session will follow the panel and last until 9:30 pm.
The Southern California Cannabis Investment Forum will be held at Wanderlust in Hollywood. Hors-d’oeuvres and drinks will be provided. Doors open at 5:30 pm. We sold out of this event when we put it on in San Francisco two months ago so don’t wait to get your tickets!
We look forward to seeing you there!